• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnet alternative?

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
I bought some iDot a couple years ago from Gans Digital but it appears they have gone out of business. Does anyone know of a similar product that can be used in place of magnets for aluminum body vehicles? I have customers that like the removable/reusable aspect of iDot but don't know what else might be out there.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I bought some iDot a couple years ago from Gans Digital but it appears they have gone out of business. Does anyone know of a similar product that can be used in place of magnets for aluminum body vehicles? I have customers that like the removable/reusable aspect of iDot but don't know what else might be out there.

Itac Green from Continental is really cool. It is a 'gel' coating instead of adhesive and it 'sticks' to smooth surfaces like metal, glass, and finished hardwood floors. The 'gel' can be washed if it gets dirty.

I don't know what IDot is but I'm guessing it is a dot-based adhesive product....Spot On from Drytac is one of those and it is great. On a vehicle I wouldn't count on it lasting for too long because water can get in between the dots...and with a car going 70mph that may be a bit too much to ask.

JBurton

Signtologist
I thought most of Gans stuff is available from bigfish digital?

Glass Appeal, it sticks really well to vehicle paint, doesn't use adhesive and very thin. https://www.glassapeel.net/the-product/

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
if you want to order it preprinted, firesprint has their firecling that's a good alternative. lasts about a year.