• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintaining Editable Text From Illustrator To Flexi

robbman21

Hello! I'm wondering if there is a way at all to save a file created on Illustrator (CS5) so that your text is not converted to curves when you open it in Flexi? We have Flexi 8.5 here at our shop. I've tried both a PDF and EPS but haven't saved them as older AI files, if that will help. I was just hoping there was a way that what I draw on CS5 in my office - which doesn't have Flexi - can be opened by my boss in his office (which doesnt have AI) and whatever fonts are embedded can still be easily edited. ANY help around this is very much appreciated...thanks in advance!
Robb

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
None that I know of. Perhaps you could "format" the text the same in both programs and work accordingly.

JB

robbman21

from what I understood you can install flexi on all of your networked shop computers as long as only 1 is running PM?

We may just have to do that, I'm just far more comfortable designing in Illustrator and my boss wants to have the ability to change a font per a customer's request if costumer doesn't like what I've done or wants a different look.