• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance and Service HP9000 cariage height

pstrwks

:bushmill:I have just replaced a failed bearing on a HP9000 cariage. Some washers were used to ge the headheight more or less correct. any one know what the correct head height should be?:bushmill:

Quix

The service manual says you need the "Carriage Height Adjustment Tools". I couldnt' find neither the tool nor the specs for this, so I did it using some PVC spacers to make the height even in three spots (this is the most important matter for cappings to seal right). I never knew the right distance, but maybe you could check it on anoher printer. I left about 3mm from the top of the cappings (when the carriage is released) to the base of the printheads and it worked OK. I can't remember the spacers height I used. I hope this helps.

pstrwks

Prehaps a techi will be kind enough to apply a vernier to thier tool? (Carriage Height Adjustment Tool).