• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance JV33

stickermonkey

Heya!! It's been a while since I've posted...been busy! Right now..what I'm curious about is consumable parts needed for my JV33. I received minimal training on maintenance from the place I bought the printer from and I'm wondering if there are parts that I should be changing on a regular basis other than the wipers? And where the heck can I get a part list on this?? Also...print heads...we have a photocopier techinician that works for another of our businesses and we were wondering if he'd be capable of changing the print head on this machine when needed. We've been running the same head going on 2 years and we're thinking it'll be time soon enough. :) :thankyou:

daveb

General Know-it-all
Noticed know one else has posted (also notice if you're not in their little clique you're kind of ignored, that's alright, we're all big boys, at least some of us). Our JV3 went 6 years before we had to replace a head, still going with 2 original heads (purchased in 2003). If you do regular maintenance and keep the capping station and heads clean (and avoid head strikes), your heads will last a long time. Would recommend getting to know Advantage Sign Supply, buy product from them and I'm sure they would provide support, good bunch of guys.
Nuff said,:cool:

stickermonkey

thanks ! Yeah...I kinda noticed that. Isn't this supposed to be a forum to be helpful to people in your industry? :) anyhow...I appreciate your answer. We have a JV33 and we've been running it for 2 years like I said...but we've always had trouble with a few nozzles staying clogged. I've been doing prologned nozzle soaks and I always keep my capping station clean. I admit..I sometimes slack on the cleaning around the head but...I'm pretty good with all the maintenance I think. :)

daveb

General Know-it-all
Maybe "Mature" sounds better (for some reason I think "Big" Girl will get me in trouble, Big Person?). Anyway I digress, are they always clogged or do they start working after they've been used a while. The head we just had to replace on our JV3 had a few nozzles that would clog first thing in the morning, few enough it didn't really affect our prints much but would open after being in use for a while (but that head was 6 yrs. old). Sounds like you're doing everything right, the smallest air leak around the seal on the capping station can cause problems though. Try to keep the head clean, it can build up ink around it and cause air leaks too (know from experience).
Good Luck!:cool:

stickermonkey

lol...no worries here. Thanks for the tips! I appreciate it! I'm a little new at this forum stuff so I tend to not quite get the rules and cliques! lol