• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maintenance Station cogs

bsm

Hey Peeps, getting a wiper sensor error every clean cycle. It is happening because the gears are skipping and jamming. Does anyone know how to sync them?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Usually means it's time to get a new maintenance station. What you can try first is to clean the station focusing on the track and moving parts for the wiper.
Then use the 'Head Maintenance' option in the menu cycle the head off the station a few times. Seemed to get the gears working again and gave me enough time to get a new one on order.

Umca

Disassemble the maintenance station and replace double tube inside the perilstatic pump. And check if all teeth on small gear.
Or replace maintenance station complete.

bsm

Should have mentioned, this is a brand new maintenance station and has been in the machine for less than a day. The gears have stopped grinding and now ink is leaking from the pump so looks like it was faulty in a major way to start with.

Umca

Are you sure it is Mutoh OEM part? Not third party? If yes, it if fatal faulty. I never heard about so short lifetime for Mutoh parts.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like a faulty station. Taking it apart and putting it back together again is not easy and even then it's no guarantee it will work. I'd contact the person you bought it from. If it was us, we'll get you a new one.

Dangreenst

Should have mentioned, this is a brand new maintenance station and has been in the machine for less than a day. The gears have stopped grinding and now ink is leaking from the pump so looks like it was faulty in a major way to start with.
Sounds like you got a defective maint station. I would try and exchange it for one that works like new, since it is new.