• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making a big flex face cabinet

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could lay a little knowledge out for me. I have a potential job upcoming for a 30'x7' lighted cabinet mounted to a building. A few years ago I produced a 12'x18' cabinet for this very building using the signcomp extrusions and everything worked smoothly. My biggest question is since the extrusions come 24' long, can I scab them together with the proper inner frame and bracing, or does something like this get into two pieces? I have the ability to build and haul a sign of this size to the jobsite, as well as the ability to lift it, but I have never done a cabinet of this length before. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Also, last time I used the extrusions that were 5ish inches deep, and filled it full of LED modules. Is there a better way?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I had one that was 30' and we seamed it in the middle. It was a signcomp bleed face. All worked out fine. I assembled it onsite and lifted it all on one piece.

spectrum maine

if you can deliver and install in 1 piece do it. bolt some steel across the seams in the extrusion and stagger top and bottom seams