• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making a catalog of my FS files

tived

Hi All,

I have been given the challange by one of our customers to make a catalog of all the decals that we have made for them over the years, in the hundreds.

However, Flexisign isn't a pagelayout program and FS files don't play will with the likes of Adobe products.

Sure, I can open and export each file, and convert them into a AI, EPS, PDF or jpeg....but, that is going to be a very long and tiring options :covereyes: :Sleeping:

So, in your wisdom, anyone... is there a way to batch convert FS files to anything that would work in InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop or Illustrator, so I can do make my lovely catalog :thankyou:

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Henrik

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't think there's many options for you but I'm wondering how it might work out if you were to create your pages in a standard page size in Flexi and then export out as PDF. You can then use Acrobat Pro to add each page to a larger PDF.

PMG

I use Adobe Bridge and it reads my Flexi files no problem ,i open a folder then go to Tools then to PhotoShop then to Contact Sheet and let it do its magic .

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 78
  • -ContactSheet-001 copy.jpg
    -ContactSheet-001 copy.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 90

Pat Whatley

PMG,
How do you get Adobe Bridge to recognize .fs files? The extension doesn't show as acceptable in any of the help files and it sure doesn't read them.

Tived,
When we had the same thing come up a couple of years ago we just sucked it up and spent a couple of hours opening each file and compiling them six to a page. We exported as jpeg files while we were at it so we could give it to the customer on a cd that they could scroll through on their computer.

tived

I use Adobe Bridge and it reads my Flexi files no problem ,i open a folder then go to Tools then to PhotoShop then to Contact Sheet and let it do its magic .

Hi PMG,

I am a bit puzzled, only because I am not at my work computer - I have Adobe Creative Suite Design Prem CS3 and within it, Acrobat Pro and it can from a folder make PDFs of files, only that when I tried today, it just tried to print them instead of saving them...so, I won't say that one can't do what you say, but I am kicking myself for not having tested this before. :frustrated:

I shall return tomorrow :wink:

Henrik

tived

Tived,
When we had the same thing come up a couple of years ago we just sucked it up and spent a couple of hours opening each file and compiling them six to a page. We exported as jpeg files while we were at it so we could give it to the customer on a cd that they could scroll through on their computer.

Thanks Pat,

I was affraid that you were going to say that :banghead:

I am going to wait till next week, if I don't find a solution till then, I will have to d it the hard way!

thanks

Henrik

PMG

Guys not sure what to say as you say it wont read Flexi files,,well im here to say that it does read mine as i see the preview of the file within Adobe Bridge.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 151

Matthew Scher

I have a tool that will automatically layout each page with FS files and then print to a PDF. You can then merge all the PDF files. It takes only a few minutes to use, but unfortunately it only works on my debug build. If you can send me the files I would be happy to build a catalog for you.