• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Making less kiss cuts

Jeezy93

I am trying to optimize my HP 54 cutter plus to do less work. Basically, I have 308 squares per 8x11 sheet but I waste way too much time waiting for 1232 cuts per page. Is there a way to just have a continuous cut horizontal and vertical? I also have little to no knowledge of Flexi, I just started using it a month ago.

Thanks in advance!

Are you kiss cutting (cutting the film while leaving the release liner uncut), or through cutting (cutting through the backer leaving small tabs)?

Jeezy93

I'll definitely try that!

The cuts I'm making are currently kiss cuts with the entire sheet being a perf cut.

It depends on what you are looking to accomplish. In the attached drawing, the top rectangles were created using 4 horizontal line segments and 11 vertical.

In the bottom the graphic was created using 32 discrete rectangles.

Attachments

• squares.JPG
    squares.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 124

Jeezy93

This is exactly what I think I was looking for. Thank you!

Will Flexi read it as one individual line (top photo)?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If you make it one line it will read it as one line.
Make sure you overlap those ends. Otherwise it might not match the cut.

Saturn

Aging Member
When possible, rectangles with rounded corners rather than sharp 90° degree corners will cut nearly as fast as a circle. Each time the blade has to be picked up is an exponential time killer.

Probably not an option for your case, but I sell folks on them being more durable too, as they're less likely to "snag" or peel early from wear.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
When possible, rectangles with rounded corners rather than sharp 90° degree corners will cut nearly as fast as a circle. Each time the blade has to be picked up is an exponential time killer.

Probably not an option for your case, but I sell folks on them being more durable too, as they're less likely to "snag" or peel early from wear.
It's not tangential blade so not picking it up in corners. Anyway corners still slow...

Goatshaver

I do this often. I step out the pieces in Illustrator on my sheets (ie: 8.5" x 11") Crop the artboard right to the edges of my stepped items. Then I draw one line across the entire width and another for the height and step those out across the sheet. Definitely saves a lot of cuts when you have lots of sheets to process.
I will do it with stuff that bleeds as long as the butting colors are the same.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 99

Jeezy93

So I tried doing it this way but it's selecting the entire image rather than the cuts I wanted to do, I've tried making it transparent but no luck. What could I do to fix this issue?

Attachments

• LightSwitch labels.png
    LightSwitch labels.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 85