• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

manipulating contour cut

bigkahuna_305

hey all, is there a way to remove sections of a contour cut path with holes? some of the holes are so small and dont need them to be cut. Thank you

Flexi? Two ways. Physically select the vector points you don't want to cut and delete them. OR During the process of creating the contour deselect the box for "with holes"
AI: Just remove the vector points that you don't want to cut

bigkahuna_305

Flexi? Two ways. Physically select the vector points you don't want to cut and delete them. OR During the process of creating the contour deselect the box for "with holes"
AI: Just remove the vector points that you don't want to cut
after i make the contour cut in flexi i can select the sections i want removed. i want with holes just not the tiny pointless ones that cause issues while cutting

So you either make your countour cut spacing larger. This will increase the outside as well but if you go bigger it will remove all holes. Or you remove each one by hand. Make your contour and then step/repeat for however many you need.

bigkahuna_305

So you either make your countour cut spacing larger. This will increase the outside as well but if you go bigger it will remove all holes. Or you remove each one by hand. Make your contour and then step/repeat for however many you need.
im trying to figure how to remove them one at a time, the contour line isnt letting me select it to do anything with it

RG

Have you right clicked on the item your contour cut is around and separated the contour cut lines from the object? After doing that you will have to right click on the contour cut line and ungroup them. Then, you can select individual cut lines and delete them.

bigkahuna_305

Have you right clicked on the item your contour cut is around and separated the contour cut lines from the object? After doing that you will have to right click on the contour cut line and ungroup them. Then, you can select individual cut lines and delete them.
ok i was able to do that but now it doesnt see the contour as a cut line

Old Timer

How about remove the contour cut completely, uncompound the shape, delete the pieces you don't want. then compound and add contour cut?

Dave Byrne

It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Go to covert strokes to outlines then go to convert to outlines and pick each one you don't want. Then recognize everything and group. You will know if they are contours if the color box comes up empty. Thats the easiest way I do it.

ok i was able to do that but now it doesnt see the contour as a cut line

All that it needs is for you to select the color. It doesn't show up the same because you can't edit it anymore. Once you break it apart it just becomes a vector object. Any vector object can be a contour cut line though. All you need to do is change the color to the cutcontour spot color. It should already be this color. When you select everything and send it, it should still generate registration marks.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Well not sure about Flexi but in corel I'd select the shape and "create boundary" this would give you just the outer perimeter whereby ignoring all inside shapes. If there are still various areas inside that do need to be cut I'd use the smart fill tool to fill those then combine them with that boundary. Then create the offset contour cut from that.