• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manual for SP-540V Ink Pump Upgrade/Conversion?

John.

Hi All,

I've ordered all the parts to convert my SP-540V from the old style ink pump to the new one. I'd like to know if anyone has access to the manual, or can give directions on what needs to be changed in the settings to slow the pump once converted.

Thanks,
John

woolly

when i converted my pro11 i think the instructions came with the mounting kit, pumps bought separately its a one digit change deep in service menu, i will see what i can find.

John.

when i converted my pro11 i think the instructions came with the mounting kit, pumps bought separately its a one digit change deep in service menu, i will see what i can find.

Thanks Mate, I've not received any of the parts yet, so it will most likely have instructions with it. I do know you're supposed to change the 12th 0 to a 1 or something along those lines.

phototec

Thanks Mate, I've not received any of the parts yet, so it will most likely have instructions with it. I do know you're supposed to change the 12th 0 to a 1 or something along those lines.

I have a 2008 Roland SP540V printer, how do I know if I have the OLD or NEW style pump?

My pump is still working, but what is the difference between the old and new style pumps?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have a 2008 Roland SP540V printer, how do I know if I have the OLD or NEW style pump?

My pump is still working, but what is the difference between the old and new style pumps?

The new style pumps are more reliable. I have yet to see one fail. The difference is the old pump has two separate channels.where the new style has only one. So on your SP540 the cap tubes would connect to a Y connector and then the pump rather than each connecting to the different channels of the old style.

phototec

The new style pumps are more reliable. I have yet to see one fail. The difference is the old pump has two separate channels.where the new style has only one. So on your SP540 the cap tubes would connect to a Y connector and then the pump rather than each connecting to the different channels of the old style.

My two cap tubes connect to a Y connector and then the bottom of the pump and then the upper tube from the top of the pump goes to the waste bottle, so I have the newer style pump?

Is there any kind of maintenance I need to do at the pump to keep it working longer? Thanks

John.

OLD:
69707266_828406967561278_1839572945719001088_n.png

NEW:
70341994_904801966569593_1703757687453384704_n.png

John.

I received the conversion kit this morning, it doesn't come with instructions or a manual. I've reached out to the supplier but with different time zones there may be a bit of a wait.

If anyone has either handy or is able to advise what needs to be changed in the service menu it'd be awesome.

Cheers.

John.

Just in case anyone else wants to upgrade and do it themselves; You need to change the 8th bit on the 12th page to a 1. There was a noticeable reduction in the ink pumped through to the waste bottle once this was done.

upload_2019-11-21_14-31-48.png