• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manufacturer Refurbished Printhead?

Is there such thing as a manufacturer refurbished printhead? I found one on eBay for a decent price, and the seller has a great feedback rating. Ive just never heard of Epson selling refurbished printheads...

CRD

You have to read it different!
Printhead manufacturered by Epson refurbished by 3rd party company.

Paco

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I know some one sell refurbished Epson DX2 head, it is work well and price is better than ebay.But there is no news about other refurbished head. Brent

CRD

I am curious what refurbished means coming from my technical back ground as printer engineer.
Epson DX2 heads are piezo heads.
These heads can not be disassembled and parts replaced.
So if nozzles are blocked then the only thing that can be done is a circular flush through the head with cleaninng fluid and then test the head in a machine for all nozzles firing and available and no offset jetting.
If nozzles are not firing due to defective Pieze elements then the head can not be repaired.

Any other explanation on the word refurbished regardless from Epson or any other seller would be welcome.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I get picture of the refurbished DX2 head nozzle from the guy, my regular supplier. (I mainly buy DX4 DX5 and DX6 head from them, not DX2 head)

They warranty to users are all nozzle fired.
They advice customers test the head early when printer heads received.
If the nozzle not fired at early testing, printer head can be replaced.

I have no experience with their DX2 head, but we trust them at DX4 DX5 and DX6 heads.

Brent

Attachments

• DX2 head nozzle.jpg
    DX2 head nozzle.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 82