• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Manufacturer Training in Mimaki Printers Needed

Philip Crane

I desire to gain certification as a manufacturer trained Mimaki technician. I have looked all over and have found no information on how this is accomplished. Can someone provide me with the information as to how to get started? Thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have to work for a dealer or Mimaki. They won't train independent techs. That being said, if you have experience fixing machines in the field, you can find a dealer who might contract service calls out to you, do some jobs and build a relationship, then ask them to send you to training. It's free to the dealer but you would have to get yourself there and pay for a hotel. It's a win win because the dealer can use you for warranty work after that and you get the training. That all depends on the dealer though.

As a certified Mimaki tech I can tell you, they basically teach you how to install the machines properly. There isn't a ton of troubleshooting info that's gone over so if you don't have natural troubleshooting skills, the training won't help that much. If you're good at troubleshooting and fixing machines already, the certification really only allows you to do warranty work which doesn't pay well.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Awesome, that topic I thinking about last few weeks.
So Solventinkjet your money reason advice is stay in non certified troubleshooting service, and probably extend numbers of print brands I can fix instead of getting the only one brand Certification?

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
That’s probably the way to go. The tech that works on our mimaki also does Roland and Mutoh. He used to work for hybrid I think but must be better off on the non certified route.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That’s probably the way to go. The tech that works on our mimaki also does Roland and Mutoh. He used to work for hybrid I think but must be better off on the non certified route.

Once you can work on a Roland, Mimaki, or Mutoh printer, you can basically figure the rest out pretty easily as they all use the same/similar parts. I've never been associated with Roland but I have fixed many of them in the field.