• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Marabu Inks

rvolkers

we were recently told by a rep that after the warranty wears off on our mimaki printer/cutter that we could switch from mimaki solvent inks to marabu solvent inks
to save a good bit of money. has anyone used marabu inks (pro & cons) please.

Glavin_ID

We used Maribu solvent inks for years in our Epson GS6000. We never had any issues. Lots of folks out there making quality off brand inks, Maribu is one of them.

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
You don't have to switch at all but it's pretty common to use aftermarket ink simply because it costs less. We use Bordeaux from Solventinkjet.com and really like it. We actually like it more than the SS21 oem as the fumes are way way less potent in an enclosed space while printing. We've used it for years.

pinki

We use marabu solvent in our mimaki machines for years. No problems at all, saves us 25% on inks

wes70

Having a VG540 we decided not to "upgrade" to the TR2 inks and now use Marabu TR1 inks. We were very hesitant at first, but to date, no issues and the colors are great! From what I've read, Marabu makes inks for some oem printers.