• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mark on Prints

Netter26

I have a VJ1324 and I’ve been getting what looks like a static mark on all my prints. It happens the left side of the printer 3/4 the way down, then the mark angles upwards until it reaches the end of the vinyl on the left side. Always happens in the same spot and pattern. I have the printer grounded and the I’ve cleaned the rollers. Could it be an electrical issue?

Thank you

Attachments

• C0720851-499D-4495-B028-A5A0D25FB482.jpeg
    C0720851-499D-4495-B028-A5A0D25FB482.jpeg
    892.2 KB · Views: 184

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Could be static or electrical for sure but I would start by inspecting and cleaning the encoder strip. How's the nozzle check look?

Netter26

Okay thanks, I’ll check that out. Could be from the table from loading up the roll. my nozzle check is perfect and I’ve cleaned the encoder strip within the last 3 days. The encoder strip has some small scratches on it from the back and forth motion, could that cause an issue?