• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master Cutter Won't Cut. Grrrrr

cutkiller

Hi guys, i reallly need your help this time. I have a MASTER Cutter from DEsay, and i did had some issue with it since i bought it, but i solved all issues... It was working great for the past few months.... But today, i went to do a couple job like every days... and the cutter won't cut nothing... i mean, i load my graphic as usual, but then, nothing. The cutter does nothing. I see that the graphic has been 100% successfully loaded, but when i want to lunch the job, the cutter has no reaction, like if the memory was empty.. any one has already had this issue???? i looked up all wire, usb port, restarting my cutter, my cpu.. my softwares, trying many way to import, copy/paste, open files... nothing to do. My graphics load, but doesn't cut!!!!! WTF.

any imput will be appreciated, thanks!

signmeup

Plug the cable back in...... Reboot your computer...... Use "system restore " to the last day it did work if rebooting doesn't help.

signmeup

Well....there's your problem.(just kidding) System restore is a Windows thing.
Does the test cut work?
Try turning on the plotter before you start the computer. Sometimes I get a partial LCD screen and this fixes it.

Barber

I had the same thing happen to me. I have a roland cutter and it would not work no matter what I did. Turns out the material was not wide enough.

cutkiller

i even try to draw a simple rectangle 0.25in x 6in and it wont cut anymore!!!!!!! STUPID CHEAP MACHINE. i have a lot of customer waiting for their job actually... Master cutter aren't reliable.

cutkiller

Does the test cut work?

yes it does, i just tried it.. test cut works great... is this have something to do with the production manager or any set up???? it is not the first time this happen to me. but last time, it was for only 1 graphics. all other was working, aside the "zoo york" graphic.... dont know why. But now, i have this problem with everything im trying to cut, even a basic square... it load, i can see the progress, but when it 100% loaded,, it doesnt do nothing. CRAP

cutkiller

i dont even know whats the baud rate.. im trying to relocate where to change the off set value.. there was plenty of option there, but cant remember where it was lol if someone can guide me. thanks

cutkiller

Redfox, i tried something.. dont know if it was you meant though... i goes into production manager / setup / setup properties / communication, and there is an option here called SPEEP BPS, setted at 9600.. i've tried 4800, with out success. I also tried to shut my cpu off, then open my plotter, and then starting my cpu.. without success.... graphics still load, but doesnt cut. GRRR

Bigdawg

Just Me
This sounds like a communication problem... not a cutter problem. Have you tried replacing the cable? And what program are you cutting out of?

I have one of these beauties myself.

cutkiller

im using flexi 7.6. i doubt it could be a cable problem since i did about 100 decals yesterday and everything goes right. i woke up this morning and i still in a nightmare. Is this may be caused by humidity? i heard some kinda issue with humidity and electrostatic, but once again, i doubt... The worst thing is that i do everything as usual.. and i never had a problem. One other thing... my arrow to move the carrier begin to be hard to use.. the left one doesnt work anymore, at all... i have to move the blade holder manually... is this may cause my problem? i dont think so.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Yes that is a definite problem - call Desay - have you had the cutter less then a year?

Despite other's experience, we got help from them when we had some issues including sending parts.

WILLIAMS

Redfox, i tried something.. dont know if it was you meant though... i goes into production manager / setup / setup properties / communication, and there is an option here called SPEEP BPS, setted at 9600.. i've tried 4800, with out success. I also tried to shut my cpu off, then open my plotter, and then starting my cpu.. without success.... graphics still load, but doesnt cut. GRRR

Yes... but make sure they are set to the same rate on both the actual cutter LCD and in your software settings. Set both to 4800. If that doesn't work set both to 9600. It seems like it's a communication/driver setting problem.

cutkiller

haha problem resolved. That was a cable issue!!!!! the cable in the port/com 1 was loose. duh. great cutter great cutter :) hahaha

ChristianSlager

Did you try deleting the setup in production manager, and then resetting up the plotter? That will reset all of the default driver settings....

cutkiller

but actually, i still have a real problem with my left arrow on top of my cutter (the arrow we use to move the blade holder). is there anything i could do to fix it??? because i have to move the blade holder manually and i dont want scrap the whole mecanism. thanks