• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Master Cutter Won't Cut. Grrrrr

AKWD

I guess 'good' machine isn't a proper term; It's probably a BAD starter machine unless you know what you're getting into, a bit of 'technical' (troubleshooting/proceduring) skill to avoid problematic issues. I guess a better way to phrase it is that it is a crap machine that can be made to work reasonably within the confines of a specific set of parameters and limitations, and can, in theory, pay for itself even in the lousey state it is in, and still offer some value, albiet not as much as a Roland or other brand would.

Yes, I am seriously prepping for my next machine. However, I'm not going to get rid of it due to the fact that it is stable in the proper circumstances.

cutkiller

I guess 'good' machine isn't a proper term; It's probably a BAD starter machine unless you know what you're getting into, a bit of 'technical' (troubleshooting/proceduring) skill to avoid problematic issues. I guess a better way to phrase it is that it is a crap machine that can be made to work reasonably within the confines of a specific set of parameters and limitations, and can, in theory, pay for itself even in the lousey state it is in, and still offer some value, albiet not as much as a Roland or other brand would.

Amen. Exactly what i meant.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Desay YX 380-P issue

This sounds like a communication problem... not a cutter problem. Have you tried replacing the cable? And what program are you cutting out of?

I have one of these beauties myself.

Still not sure how to post a new post, but you mentioned a communication problem... I agree... but when I hit send, I then have to restart the computer before it will cut. I know this is a communication problem, but not sure how to fix it! Any clues, or have you read anything about this particular problem? I see everything but this one mentioned.... and I have had mine over 8 years, sure it has issues, but has made me a ton of cash....
Thankx....