• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MASTER Vinyl Cutter Plotter (Desay Canada)

WVB

I think the Master is made by GRC, and the reason being is because it looks exactly like the Panthers signwarehouse.com sells. The difference is really cosmetic, the LCD panel is a tad different and there are ridges where as the Panther is smooth.

I have read other postings on other boards about these plotters, mostly how to get it to work with various software. Check out signweb and signindustry for postings on these plotters.

heyfishguy

I have a Master XY-300P 24" Plotter that I bought directly from Desay Canada. I dont know who makes them but they do look just like a few other brands Ive seen out their. Ive had my plotter for a year and have not had any problems with it. It came with Winpcsign software that is a dedicated sign program and it comes with a training CD. It looks like very powerful software that includes auto b/w vectorization. The very first job I did I took a black and white logo on a business card and followed the instructions in the tutorial on how to scan and vectorize and the logo turned out perfect on my first try. The machine paid for itself very quickly. On the down side it is pretty noisey, the fan and when its cutting it sounds more like its engraving metal compared to a graphtec that would be almost silent while operational. Ive talked to some other people with these machines and they all say that it is noisey. Desay has good customer service and a toll free number but they are chinese and dont speak english that great so it can be hard to understand them on the phone sometimes, as well as you might have noticed that this translates on their web site, there poor understanding of the english language. The sign software has the same problem it is by a canadian company in the province of Quebec where french is the language of choice, so the tutorial cd can be hard to understand sometimes when the english is spoken with a strong french axcent. Anyways I would suggest that if you decide to get one to go to ebay as Desay canada sells them their under the name dcsign I believe and the buy it now price is way cheaper than on thier website. For example I believe that on their website they list the 24" machine for $1359 US dollars and on ebay they the buy it now price is $699 US dollars!!! Thats like 50% off..., Anyways good luck.

rockongraphix

i just upgraded from a stika 15" to the master 32" , the prices have gone down , the 24" was $699 , i firgured for the extra $300 it was worth it , a few of my customers pre ordered there larger decals so the machine is almost paid for , my many consern would be the nosies they make , my stika made some noises depending on the vinyl i was cutting, so the noise make it so you cant work in the same room when it is cutting ?

rockongraphix

been running the new machine about a few days now , and it sounds like the spool that makes more nosie , the cutter make the same as the stika i had .

Meatball

hi,
just wondering about this plotter, what software do you have working with it? I know it comes with one, but I was refering to corel draw, signlab, casmate..etc.
I too am thinking of buying one.
thanks,
robert

update:
I just found out from ebay site. looks like it handles them all. sorry for the post.

juniorcdn

Ever since the first day I started cutting, my Master 300-XP makes a pretty loud rattle. I can't pinpoint the vibration to stop this horible sound. Other than that, it cuts great everytime. Does anyone else have this problem with thier master cutter and know how to fix it. The whole casing seems to make this vibrating sound.

WVB

You can try to line it with Dynamat, that will cut down vibrations along with noise.

rockongraphix

you can check the black cutting box it may not be on the tracks all the way ,if the machine has been shifted around it could fall off the track and cause that nosie to increase.
working with flexi starter with the master plotter looking to upgrade soon to Pro series , but works great with tranfers from stika programing.
mike rockongraphix

Sign Prophet

Boat anchors. I had bad luck with one of these units. I agree that the customer service is ok, but their english is very bad to say the least. The problems with my unit was resolved by the sending me a new unit. I use the unit rarely now as I have a graphtec which is a superior plotter. Not trying to bash these plotters, just trying to give you my individual experiance with the unit.

OldPaint

LIVE AND LEARN....all i gota say......real professionals....use profesional equipment......
sorta like when it was only painters, those of us who did paint use brushes that most people wouldnt belive the cost of.......but when they want to make a sign the get some brushes that are cheap......and THEIR SIGNS SHOWED IT..... only the equipment has changed..........buy garbage produce garbage....

mark-s

I have a master 300xp....2 years now use winsign pro 14
a little noisey....but works great....0 problems

mark-s

toravinyl

I you're starting off, I would suggest buying the Master plotter, learn and screw up that machine. But when you experience a real machine like a Graphtec, you'll just want to throw away the Master plotter. The reason why that machine is so loud is that it uses a cheaper stepper motor. Also, I'm not sure if it is the buffer memory or crappy engineering, but that machine often screws up when you send larger files to it. I learned the hard way, and bought it, but now I have that thing sitting in a box in my garage.

chopper

I dont want to get into another arguement about these plotters,
some will tell you they are great,but they have never owned a better machine to compare it to.. the best thing you can do is scrape up a few more bucks and buy a graphtec, roland, summa, ioline, even if you get a used one it would be better than a new master, I dont want you to be miss lead buy people who have masters becouse they dont undrestand what they are missing, take the time go to your local yellow pages look for a sign supply store that sells roland. graphtec, etc.. make an appointment for a demo and go see what you will be missing, I went the route of the cheap plotter and thought that what I got was really great till I bought a summa and WOW WHAT A DIFFRENCE it dosent pay to be cheap, yea you will have to do a few more jobs to pay for the machine but it will be a step forward not backwards, learn from others or learn the hard way its your choice good luck//chopper