• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material ideas?

ABPGraphics

The letters would be 15" custom formed plastic because I dont see the font in their font catalog - is there a standard lengh of stud to use or use what Gemini recommends?

Mosh

The common studs are like 2" long or so. They can do custom logos/letters at a reasonable price. I have installed 1,000's of gemini letters and logos, pretty easy. They have vids on their site I think.

•Hang paper pattern
•Drill holes
•Blow out holes
•Dry fit letters
•Apply silicone to studs and install for good
•Any sagging letters use tape to hold in proper place while silicone drys
•Collect pay and buy the Mosh a beer or six

Mainframe

For Gemini letters, I like the "combination all" option for installation, You get studs & pads, I also like to get the pattern from them, it is the only way to fly! Get some tubes of clear 100% silicone & tape up your pattern where this goes, drill all your holes & put silicone in the hole you drilled & on the studs, in 20 minutes it all will set up to hold itself on & in a day it is a struggle to get off. Don't forget to deal with the "mess" the old sign will leave when you remove it & let us know how it works out.

Mosh

And be sure to blow the area off after you remove the pattern and blow the holes out real good. If you don't have air on your service truck just use the side of your drill, where air blows off the motor to clean out the holes. Pad and studd como does work better on faux stucco, the holes can oval out.

ABPGraphics

UPDATE.....just to let you know the customer has approved TODAY 15" Gemini Letters...............YEA!!!!!!!!!!!

ABPGraphics

. Pad and studd como does work better on faux stucco, the holes can oval out.

I am getting ready to schedule installation for these letters - The stud installation I understand well......I'm still just a bit confust on the combo installation.....I have not done alot of these letter installs and am unsure how to utilize the pad......I have looked at all the videos and am somewhat confused - If i am doing a combo install do I only use the stud / pad combo at the top of each letter and just the pad at the bottom of each for expansion?

also....how far do I screw the pad on the stud....all the way to the bottom next to letter or is the pad centered on stud? I hope these question are not too inmature,...thanks