• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Material recommendations for use in retractable banner stands

AnaF

I'm in search of a particular material - not sure what it's called, but I'll describe it here in hopes that someone can point me in the right direction!

Looking for a material for use in retractable banner stands that is a thin, almost plastic-y (polyester?), white, matte film. And it needs to be compatible with my eco-solvent printer. I like this sort of material because it lays nice & flat.

What I do not want is a thick, woven/"scrim" banner vinyl - no matter how smooth it is claimed to be, I find these to be ill-suited to banner stands because they buckle when inserted (especially if there is heavy ink coverage).

If anyone knows what I am trying to describe, please let me know what the material is called and if there are any brands/suppliers you would specifically recommend. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

AnaF

We have used this

Thank you! I've reached out to a local authorized distributor of this product for further info. Have a great long weekend :)

AnaF

Duratex makes a nice polyester film that has either a grey back or a two-sided white back.
Thank you for the tip! Seems to be out of stock with my local supplier, but I'll look into it further. Enjoy the long weekend :)