• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Material selection: Peel and stick decals

Jackflush

Gorgor
Hello Everyone,
My Brother in Wash. wants me to make "PEEL N STICK" graphics for his snowboard shop. Apparently as the riders ride the lifts they want to reach out and "slap a sticker" on the ski lift poles as they ride by. I want them to last and be thick enough that they can peel them off in their hand kind of like a commercial die cut sticker you would buy in a surf shop or tourist shop. Is there a tried and true material that has this covered? I hope explained it well enough. Ive been searching the site with no luck finding where this question has already been answered.

Anyways... Most of the materials I print on are generally too delicate to hold the shape as you peel it off into your hand. Most of the time I use a cast vinyl with a contact paper on it for customer install. Alot of my customers like little window decals and getting an adequate material for these small jobs that would last long enough and be easy for my customers to "PEEL N STICK" would be great.

Any suggestions? I have found a thread suggesting Oracal 3165RA so theres that.

Last edited:

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
You could try something like General Formulations 6ml. Not the greatest adhesive but not the worst either. Definitely has a bit more body to it.

F80M3

Custom Title
I use 3651RA for my "slaps" but i do laminate them all. It does seem to thin if not laminated.

2B

most of the time looking for these type of decals are mostly interested in the $$$ of the decal.
any material that has a permanent adhesive will give you several years, obviously adding a lamination will add rigidity

if you want it to true PITA to remove then a HT (High Tack) material is best, but has a higher price. Arlon 8000 is a good option

jmag215

if he is willing to pay, you should try Substance Inc X1 for the vinyl and i like to use avery 1360 laminate on them, super sticky and the lam gives it a really nice gloss. will stick in almost any condition, i have put large stickers on in sub zero temps. it gets kinda brittle but still stuck. you can get a sample roll of the X1 if you request it. i have a latex printer so i use the gloss material for printing on. arlon DPF 8000 does work as well, just doesn't have the air channels but probably not a big deal if they are small decals