• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte back with gloss white letters

Melissa Harvey

Hi and thanks for reading my post...

I have a customer that wants a half wrap on the company trucks. He wants matte black with white gloss. I don't do vehicle color change wraps so the only idea I have is to layer it. Print black put a flat lam on it and then put the white on top? Is this a good/bad idea? thanks... design attached.

Attachments

• EXT-100a Truck Design V1 [06.10.21]-dw-legacy copy (2)-1.jpg
    EXT-100a Truck Design V1 [06.10.21]-dw-legacy copy (2)-1.jpg
    606.3 KB · Views: 605
  • EXT-100a Truck Design V1 [06.10.21]-dw-legacy copy (2)-2.jpg
    EXT-100a Truck Design V1 [06.10.21]-dw-legacy copy (2)-2.jpg
    743 KB · Views: 220

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Easiest method would be to wrap in black and overlay with white. Alternately you could contour cut the white parts out of the black and apply with application tape if the trucks are already white.

I would recommend against printing the black though. Get proper black wrap material already in matte finish. It'll last longer and be more forgiving during install.

Melissa Harvey

Easiest method would be to wrap in black and overlay with white. Alternately you could contour cut the white parts out of the black and apply with application tape if the trucks are already white.

I would recommend against printing the black though. Get proper black wrap material already in matte finish. It'll last longer and be more forgiving during install.
Thank you for the reply.

karst41

Print, Laminate and Wrap.
3m IJ 180 cv3 Ink C0 M0 Y0 K 100
Laminate 3m 8520

Long Life and easy removal after 10 years except for
damaged areas, The Lam is a great layer of protection.
This saves your customer a lot of money at life end of vehicle.

You lay down just mat black and drop the white on top?
Yeah 7 years later, Wild West Rodeo at time of removal.
Going to cost a bunch to remove.

Jrdn

no need to print the black. 3M 2080, Avery SW900, Oracal 970RA are all top of the line cast car wrap films that do not require lamination and are ready to go out of the box. Fellers sells them all by the yard.