• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maximum contour cut width on Graphtec 24 inch

knucklehead

Just starting (trying to) do some contour cutting with my 24 inch Graphtec 5000. What would be my maximum width of an image for contour cutting on 24 inch media, using the Graphtec II marks. It seems that between the distance from the image the marks are placed, and the cuttable distance between the pinch rollers, I'm losing a lot of ground somehow. I hope ya'll can figure out what I'm getting at. Is there a way to move the marks closer to the image that I'm printing? I'm using Corel X-4 and SignCut Pro. Thanks Mike

Jackpine

I am guessing you mean contour cut printed graphics. With my CE3000Mk2 I keep the marks at 22" width or smaller. You can squeeze another 1/4 "+ or so but it is not worth the trouble for me.
If you mean cutting vinyl my cutter is usually at 23.3" max cut width. After you load the vinyl and the cutter reads the width, press enter and it will disply the cutting width.