• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mazda 323 iKat '89 Template

Garbus

Hi everyone.

First of all... Great site, and great that everyone's working together... Awsome!

Now to the problem at hand.

Doing a wrap for a friend who fixed up his moms old mazda 323 iKat from 1989 (don't ask why he did it. he's just mental about that car). I've searched and searched for an auto template, but all I've been able to find was a badly done jpg.

I know this is not the car you usually do a wrap on, and i might be able to do it without the right template, but still would like to find it, if it's out there.

The attached image is same kinda car, not the actual one.

If anyone knows about a database of old cars, please let me know..... or maybe a great way to do it without the template???

regards Garbus

Attachments

• MA328689.jpg
    MA328689.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 91

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hi,

With an older model like that it might be best to take some good photos (assuming you have access to the car) and then back them up with careful measurements of the major features of the car to use as key points to check the scale and distortion of your photos.
If you take the photos stand off as far as you can and try to avoid using a wide angle lens - use something with a little reach (50mm and up) to minimise the distortion of the panels. With a little planning it should take less time than searching the web looking for that car.

That being said you can go here:

http://www.smcars.net/

and register.
They have a front/back & side view drawing of a 1988 mazda 121(?) that looks similar to the photo you posted - there are a few others there similar (88 mazda 323 gtx) but the search does not always work and you might have to look through 8 pages of mazda blue prints....

good luck.

wayne k
guam usa

Last edited: