• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Basket / Floor Modifications?

Dentafrice

If anyone hasn't ordered a media catch basket with their CE5000-60, or similar models that do not come with a media basket..

Has anyone made a homemade solution?

When cutting large, long pieces of work, the vinyl hits the floor and sometimes picks up dust / random things that get there between sweepings..

Anyone put anything on the floor to stop this? I've tried to lay down some cardboard...

I didn't want to put a blanket or anything, I figured this would cause too much static... :U Rock:

mortil

ive built my own little "wagon" with a copy of the mediabasket that comes with the cutters. so when done i can just cut of the vinyl roll over the "wagon" to my worktable and pull it up and start working with it.

easy done with some welding and a nice girlfriend thats handy with a sissor and nail.

thesignexpert

More importantly that the dust issue, have you noticed that the vinyl has a tendency to run off track when this happens? In my experience, the media basket goes a LONG way towards giving you a more stable and reliable cutting run especially for the lower end plotters. Easily worth the money in saving vinyl ,time and keeping your tracking controlled. Just my .02

Tim

"Sign Shop Forms, Marketing Packets and Clipart for the Sign Professional"
TheSignExpert.com