• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Feed Probelm?

thebump

Thanks for reading. Have had our ValueJet 1604 a year now with no problems and running this all the time. Just this past week we are having print issues that look like media feed problems. The print is lighter at one end than the other. Or just bad prints in general, looks like maybe ink starvation. Is there some maintenance at a year old I should be doing that might be causing this? Nozzle checks and all test look great. Print starts out ok sometimes then it turns washed out for an inch or two. I seen this on our UV, but not on the Mutoh where there is not tension on both feed rollers. Any insight would help, pulling the hair out!

Attachments

• IMG_0188 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0188 (Large).jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0190 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0190 (Large).jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0180 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0180 (Large).jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 106

rcboats1

It looks like it could be a media problem. Have you tried a different media to see if the problem goes away?

Jackpine

Check the heaters. You may be drying too fast. Directional and Bi-directional printing can cause this also.

zappathedog

we tried different medias, changed the heat settings, replaced all the dampers, charged the ink system, rechecked bi-di alignments and PF, cleaned and cleaned, tried different profiles and resolutions from Onyx, chaged to different wave patterns...what am i missing??? we just keep getting light areas in the print and it seems to be either a feed issue or ink starvation but i can't think of anything else to try.

zappathedog

got it! we flipped the media feed encoder...why that helped, i don't know. the encoder is transparent so why does it matter? who cares, we're back up!