• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media feeding out when finding crop marks on VersaCamm SP540V

epicinkgraphix

Hello, I have a SP540V that I have had for years. I am using Flexisign Pro. When finding crop marks, it finds the first one just fine and then when it goes to find the second crop mark it moves the material out as the head moves over and always misses it. This drives me crazy. Usually it will find it on the second or third pass. However it will just not find the second crop mark on the left of this print that I am dealing with right now because it just feeds the material out too much! My prints are always put in straight. If it would just go straight over it would always find it. Any idea how to make it not feed the material out and just have it go straight over?

MagnificentBastid

This happened to our Roland SC540 and occurred more frequently over time. It turns out it was a bad ribbon/data cable. Ink and metal shavings got inside the protective Mylar and ate away at it.

SolitaryT

I agree, your data cable is probably the culprit. The last shop I worked at, we replaced it twice in four years. There's a ton of overspray that inevitably finds its way up there. Good news is that you can swap it out yourself pretty easily. The worst part is those damn tiny black plastic "rivets".