• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media for stencilled decal

Anastasi55

One of my salesmen is looking to have decals like the attached made. I understand that all I need to do is create a cut file, but what media do I use? He says he's seen decals like this that have a second liner that holds the decal together and is then removed when its applied.

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 439

Anastasi55

This is the equivalent of someone coming on a woodworking forum and asking if there is a product you can apply to 2 pieces of wood to make them stick together. This type of decal is the absolute most basic item we as a trade make.
My, how condescending... I've been making decals since we upgraded a couple years ago, it was an easy learning curve. This is the first time I've gotten this request, so I'd like to know what other designers use. I apologize for not having encyclopedic knowledge of every product line out there.
I'd expect a little more courtesy from a Canadian...

CanuckSigns

My, how condescending... I've been making decals since we upgraded a couple years ago, it was an easy learning curve. This is the first time I've gotten this request, so I'd like to know what other designers use. I apologize for not having encyclopedic knowledge of every product line out there.
I'd expect a little more courtesy from a Canadian...

A 10 second Google search for " how to make a decal" brings up thousands of videos and how to's that show exactly what you are looking for, hence my comparison.

These types of decals really are the most basic style of decal you can do, heck you can go to Walmart and buy a machine to make these exact decals for like $300, it's not a trade secret.

Is there a vetting process for new members on this site since the new management took over?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This is the equivalent of someone coming on a woodworking forum and asking if there is a product you can apply to 2 pieces of wood to make them stick together.
I KNOW this one!
In American we call them nails. In Canadian I think you guys call them 'brights'?

Johnny Best

This is the equivalent of someone coming on a woodworking forum and asking if there is a product you can apply to 2 pieces of wood to make them stick together. This type of decal is the absolute most basic item we as a trade make.

And my grandfather called them jewnails.

Anastasi55

A 10 second Google search for " how to make a decal" brings up thousands of videos and how to's that show exactly what you are looking for, hence my comparison.

These types of decals really are the most basic style of decal you can do, heck you can go to Walmart and buy a machine to make these exact decals for like $300, it's not a trade secret.

Is there a vetting process for new members on this site since the new management took over?

Well, since I've been doing the most basic style of decals without transfer tape for the past two years, I'd like some information from a users group I joined when the owner of my company upgraded his equipment. Being snarky and snobby wasn't part of my question...

Does the new management of this site vet out people for being dicks?

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
Well, since I've been doing the most basic style of decals without transfer tape for the past two years, I'd like some information from a users group I joined when the owner of my company upgraded his equipment. Being snarky and snobby wasn't part of my question...

Nope.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

No, hes one too