• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media lever spring!!!

Gary Brand

Good morning, Has anyone had issues with the media load lever not dropping the pressure on the media when put in the down position? I have 2 Epson SureColor s80600 printers,, Happened to both this morning.
I feel it has to be something stupid simple that I am missing since both are acting up . Or possibly need new springs on both?? Any help would be great.. Dead In The Water!!!!

jfiscus

Rap Master
I had one break on a 70670 printer at one time. It is an raise/lower assembly that breaks (tech needed) when that happens and it doesn't close evenly, but check the actual lever and see if it's just something with that. Since you had two break at the same time it seems more like an operator error?

Good morning, Has anyone had issues with the media load lever not dropping the pressure on the media when put in the down position? I have 2 Epson SureColor s80600 printers,, Happened to both this morning.
I feel it has to be something stupid simple that I am missing since both are acting up . Or possibly need new springs on both?? Any help would be great.. Dead In The Water!!!!
You may want to unplug it and remove the top right cover to access the lever, youwill need to remove the screws on the handles and the control panel as well as a few screws on the top cover.....maybe the small think plate on the right as well

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
We had this issue a few weeks ago... it was a bad roll of wallpaper media that it didn't want to clamp down on.
After about an hour of pulling the machine apart and trying to diagnose it turned out that the machine just didn't like that particular roll.
Try something else and it could very well likely resolve itself. We just turfed the roll as it was a couple of years old and curling in an odd direction, so the printer was somehow disliking it.

Image Authentics

Did you happen to have a roll of media loaded with the "print side in" before you shut it down? We had this issue 3 different times - the variable seems to be when we use material that is rolled with the "print side in." After I unload it, I have to load a roll that is "print side out" and unloaded it again before shutting the printer down for the day. If I do not load the the "print side out" roll before shutting the printer down, then when I turn it on in the morning the whole tension lever seems compromised, like you are explaining.

No tech has been able to provide us with this answer but the results are definitely consistent and none of us have had any heart attacks over this since. Hope this helps!

Gary Brand

I guess I didn't hit send when I replied to you all.. Anyway thanks for the input ... The issue was a firmware update----That Time. Both printers are having the same issue again however. It's not the media direction. My machines ask for in or out rolled material during load setup. It's Definitely not mechanical, They are both giving the same error, However I was able to switch to 54" and get one of them to load. No luck with the other one with 54" media. I'm thinking something is corrupted

CanuckSigns

I've had an issue with our s80600 where the lever has some fairly major slop at times, but its never affected anyting

RG

This has happened on my s40600 before. Someone on the forum has posted a solution that worked for him and for me. On the printer's control panel, simply select a different media.

Gary Brand

Ok after being down for a few days cuz of ice.. we are back up and running.. everything works . I think something just gliched out when I re-installed Onyx. after loading and re loading a few times on each machine they just worked!! who knows? I will say that with this machine (SureColor S80600) if you think the lever spring is broken---- Likely its a firmware update or some other electronic cause.. Thanx Everyone for your input.. Learn something Everyday!!!