• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media recommendation

Mattc

Hi, I need some advice form experts.
I am looking for clear vinyl for window application. I will reverse-print and apply to plexi. I need clear, not foggy adhesive on trasparent area.
I also need good quality polypropylene film for standing banner.
Please, share your experience with me.
Thank you!
Matt

ProWraps

gonna be tough to reverse print and apply as there will need to be adhesive to apply. you can go with cling, or print on non adhesive clear then flood coat with an adhesive after you print.

my knowledge on this isnt vast and im sure someone else can shed some light.

Malkin

Most clear vinyl doesn't have a foggy adhesive. I find that clear applications usually require using fluid.. If you install dry, than there are little tiny pockets of air left that may look "foggy". Install wet and squeegee all the fluid out as well as you can.

Also, any colors printed on clear with need a white primer/backup to make them vivid. Without that the colors will translucent and muted.

Mosh

Printed or a vinyl. From my experience vinyl and printed vinyl applied second surface looks foggy for only a day or so then clears up. Similar to "silvering" while laminating.

signage

What printer are you using? If you can not print white then the colors you print are going to look washed out!

Gene@mpls

We do a lot of 2nd surface prints on 3651 clear and back with white opaque
or translucent depending upon use. Looks great. Gene

oakcitysigns

If you need the non printed areas to stay clear, then you'll need the capability to print white only behind the colors (screen, thermal, white solvent, etc.)

If the non-printed areas are to be white, I do the same as Gene and Pat here. Oracal 3651 clear with 651 or even Solvex from Fellers (with the clear adhesive) for the backer. Works fantastic, and I always install dry on windows. Plexi same unless it's a fairly large piece, then maybe wet.

For the banners, the Intellicoat polypropelene prints really nice, but may need a laminate. Also, Fellers carries a media called 'Pop-up" that I really like. It is made specifically for banner stands.

oakcitysigns

My first statement can be disregarded if you have the capability to do a contour cut after the white backing has been applied. I just used this method last week, don't know why I didn't think of that until after I hit submit.

Mattc

Thank you for all. I'll try 3651 clear. The effect I am looking for is translucent, stained-glass type of effect, so white color doesn't really matter for me.