• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Sizing Issues

xCROUSEx

I have Onyx 10 rip and a L25500 printer.

When I load 54" vinyl in the printer, the printer recognizes it as 54". However, in the rip I set it to 54" for the roll size, but it will not let me print an art board larger than 50"

I am thinking that I have some margin set somewhere in the rip that is set for all medias.

This is still an issue with any size material. Right now I can not print a 33" graphic on a 36" roll.

Anyone know if this is as simple as changing a setting?

Christian @ 2CT Media

You need to check the media sizes in the printer configuration menu, Just because Onyx created a label for 54" doesn't mean they set it up for True 54" roll size as a lot of manufacturers have nominal sizes.

We have a the 54" Onyx set up and we create a second one setup for 54" True size and label it so.

xCROUSEx

You need to check the media sizes in the printer configuration menu, Just because Onyx created a label for 54" doesn't mean they set it up for True 54" roll size as a lot of manufacturers have nominal sizes.

We have a the 54" Onyx set up and we create a second one setup for 54" True size and label it so.

The printer is reading it as 54"