• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Meeee!

Tillythetanky

Hi all! :peace!:Been away for a while and didnt want to seem like a one post wonder. Thought id show you a new affect that ive been tinkering with. Its just cutting one piece of vinyl into different size dots. its a bit of a begger to weed and i have to admit i wasnt expecting it to look good but I think it came out great!:brittain:
Hope you like!:thumb:

Attachments

• meee.jpg
    meee.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You can do much the same thing with horizontal or vertical, or any other direction, lines of varying thickness and it becomes a whole hell of a lot easier to weed.

Flexi even has a tool for it. This technique predates the halftone and photography in general.

Tillythetanky

Really? I dont see how that could work with a constant line unles it goes from thin to thick as it goes down but surely nothing would ever be left compleatly white? - dunno if you understand what im talking about but im really crap at explaining things.:covereyes:

Mosh

We did this with cross hatching, lines in stead of halftones. weeded alot easier. Glad we have printers so I never have to do it again......

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Really? I dont see how that could work with a constant line unles it goes from thin to thick as it goes down but surely nothing would ever be left compleatly white? - dunno if you understand what im talking about but im really crap at explaining things.:covereyes:

Here's a 30 second really rough sample.

Attachments

• mona.jpg
    mona.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 99

Tillythetanky

I like that! Not to sure if the effect would look so good on the side of a van though. The effect which is done in a Application called Raster looks much cleaner when you are close up.:smile: