• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Meguiar's offering Wraps direct to Consumers - Wraptio

petesign

Sure is going to cost someone a lot extra to do the install when someone walks in with one of those :)

Designer Wraps

I just find it interesting that 3M owns the company and is now going to supply it direct to the consumer for them to apply themselves. Yeah I know - you get what you pay for. But, in the long run (and it will happen sooner than later), this will only drive down the price of Wraps in general. Those of us that try our best to put out the highest quality and service we can - will also feel the effects of this.

Here's a thought - can you buy a Kenwood car stereo directly from Kenwood? No. They have Dealers that sell their product to (and some that install them for) the consumer. Whether you buy the thing at Walmart or a car audio place, it's not coming directly from the manufacture to end-user. This Wraptivo product is! The materials will ALL be 3M, so they are now competing with Wrap Companies everywhere.

I was at a custom car shop last month and this kid pulls out his 240sx drift car from a trailer to get an alignment done. I see it's wrapped in flat black and it looks decent. Then I take a closer look and he's got a WRAPTIVO decal on the fenders. I said "I didn't think this product was available yet". He didn't say much other than he ordered it online and installed it all himself.

That's a customer that a shop in our area (whether it was our shop or not) could have gotten and made a couple bucks on.

Now if Wraptivo is planning on offering "Preferred Installers" or something, that's a different story and yes, the shops can/will charge whatever for the job.

Ok that's my rant.