• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Merrow machine paid off today

xDaemoNx

I stepped up and bought an merrow machine mg-3u some weeks ago...
took a little while to get used to it..

tip to everyone who have a merrow machine, make sure cover and lock thread are not unwinding and get caught under thread stand very easy to cause thread breaks aswell as bad stitches..
i managed to break several needles and scrape needleplate so first week i had to buy more needles and a new needle plate..

just put bags under them and make sure they are not to tight, usually it seems to just be enough to have a small
"kitchen freezing bag" in 1-2 liters something under the thread spool.

couldn't imagine not having the merrow machine now... makes everything quicker and looks way better....

(and in a previous post i talked about applique borders just to clarify i used an option in melco designshop that converting
an vector frame to an applique basicly went over the frame 3 times.. in retrospect it didn't look good very thing border..
have come a long way since i first started to make embroideries.. long walk left...)

WildWestDesigns

(and in a previous post i talked about applique borders just to clarify i used an option in melco designshop that converting
an vector frame to an applique basicly went over the frame 3 times.. in retrospect it didn't look good very thing border..
have come a long way since i first started to make embroideries.. long walk left...)

In the states, it's common practice to have a minimum order of patches before you do an overlocked edge, if you do have a minimum before you do the merrow edge, you might want to offer a regular satin stitch edge for those smaller hot runs. However, I wouldn't do an applique object and go over it 3 times. Just a regular satin stitch, with pretty good amount of density is fine, make sure it has a good width to it, and use a laser or hot knife to seal the edges. You can get a really smooth edge using a hot knife on a patch, I will still use this method for my 1 off patches, but it does take practice.