• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metallized chrome border on printed vinyl

gnubler

How would you apply a chrome border like this to printed vinyl? Customer wants actual diamond plate chrome instead of just a printed image. I'm finding it really tricky to apply vinyl with the center cut out like this, even doing the hinge method I end up with a crease at my ending point. If I don't cut out the center it's impossible to overlay in position.

chrome1.jpg
chrome2.jpg

gnubler

Cut the diamond plate, weed out the inside, premask, apply to printed vinyl w/ laminator, install as one piece?
I was hesitant to try that in case laying down premask on the digital print might damage it. Think it would pull off the print okay?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I was hesitant to try that in case laying down premask on the digital print might damage it. Think it would pull off the print okay?

We apply premask to printed/laminated graphics every day - it definitely does pull off okay and will not damage the print.

Same idea as printed/shape cut graphics.

I personally like using 3M SCPS-55 because it sticks to air-release liners, but any premask will do the trick with the coverage you're dealing with.