• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Microsoft Surface Book and FlexiCloud 11

Dan Gray Signs

Hi everyone,

I'm running FlexiSign Pro Cloud, v11... just got a new Microsoft Surface Book and docking station to use with my desktop monitors... Windows 10, of course...

I've used same Flexi on Windows 10 for over a year with no real issues, but it is doing some strange things with screen resolution, Import/Export and a few other items...

Has anyone had any experience with this combination, and if so, I would love to hear your suggestions. So far the internet and YouTube have not solved my issues. SAi tells me that because I am on Windows 10, I need to upgrade to Flexi Cloud 12 in order to fix it... Seems wrong, since my desktop computer is doing fine running Flexi 11 (still).

THanks!

WildWestDesigns

Has anyone had any experience with this combination, and if so, I would love to hear your suggestions. So far the internet and YouTube have not solved my issues. SAi tells me that because I am on Windows 10, I need to upgrade to Flexi Cloud 12 in order to fix it... Seems wrong, since my desktop computer is doing fine running Flexi 11 (still).

One question that I would have is on your desktop was that OS upgraded or did the desktop come with Windows 10? If it was upgraded, that might have explained why it's working. I've known some people to get programs that had been EOL quite a bit before Win 10 to work in that OS when they did the upgrade. Doesn't always work, but it does improve the odds.

Based on what I'm reading from other sites, FlexiSign 11 is only good for Vista, 7 and 8 (at least officially), so that explains where they were so quick to say that you need to upgrade to 12.

Dan Gray Signs

One question that I would have is on your desktop was that OS upgraded or did the desktop come with Windows 10? If it was upgraded, that might have explained why it's working. I've known some people to get programs that had been EOL quite a bit before Win 10 to work in that OS when they did the upgrade. Doesn't always work, but it does improve the odds.

Based on what I'm reading from other sites, FlexiSign 11 is only good for Vista, 7 and 8 (at least officially), so that explains where they were so quick to say that you need to upgrade to 12.

Dan Gray Signs

My desktop computer has the upgrade to Windows 10. The Surface Book came with Win 10. I did upgrade Flexi to Cloud V12 for the Surface Book computer only and it improved things but still having issues. Just living with it and working around it now.

Chasez

Not sure if it would be the same with Flexi for the screen reso but the surface book has a HD screen and with Illustrator/photoshop cs6 that I run it has issues (makes everything really small) because it adapts to the high resolution of the screen. I've read that CS6 wasn't designed to run on such HD screens and would need to upgrade to CC (which I refuse to do) to fix the issue... so adapt and overcome and put on the magnifying glasses when working! haha

Maybe check to see if someone has come up with a work around, for Adobe there is a work around but I haven't gotten it to work.

Chaz

Bly

Not sure if it would be the same with Flexi for the screen reso but the surface book has a HD screen and with Illustrator/photoshop cs6 that I run it has issues (makes everything really small) because it adapts to the high resolution of the screen. I've read that CS6 wasn't designed to run on such HD screens and would need to upgrade to CC (which I refuse to do) to fix the issue... so adapt and overcome and put on the magnifying glasses when working! haha

Maybe check to see if someone has come up with a work around, for Adobe there is a work around but I haven't gotten it to work.

Chaz

I was just about to say the same thing.
I googled a fix a while back and did registry hack or put some config file in the Adobe folder which fixed it for a while but all the Adobe controls are back to microscopic.
Maybe a Windows update or something.
Anyone with a fix I'd love to hear it.

Chasez

I was just about to say the same thing.
I googled a fix a while back and did registry hack or put some config file in the Adobe folder which fixed it for a while but all the Adobe controls are back to microscopic.
Maybe a Windows update or something.
Anyone with a fix I'd love to hear it.

Unfortunately it's not a windows problem it is with Adobe and I doubt that they will come up with a fix because they want everyone to stop using CS6 and move over to CC.
I tried the same fix it sounds like you tried. I could get it to work with Photoshop but it wouldn't work with illustrator.
For now its just a PITA but just have to deal with it until someone can find a work around.

Chaz

WildWestDesigns

For now its just a PITA but just have to deal with it until someone can find a work around.

Other then changing the overall resolution settings for your monitor to work with the LCD with regard to your programs, I highly doubt there will be any meaningful work around.

The reminds me back in the XP and Vista days when running old 9x programs, had to set those up to run in 256 color mode in their properties, so whenever those programs were launched, the settings changed.

Considering CS6 can't be too much longer before it goes EOL (if it hasn't already) and plus more and more people are using high resolution monitors. Is it really going to be worth it?

I'm a fan of legacy software, use it all the time, I just don't think that there will be a meaningful fix for something like this.