• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki 130 cuts well sometimes...

joeyz84

Greetings all you sign gurus!

My name is Joe. This is my first time posting. I hope I can help out where ever I can. I found this site as part of a google search for a problem I can seem to figure out and I think its better to explain it to someone rather than google search it to death.

Here goes:
So I work for a Graphic shop that does all the standard sign, banner, decal, and vehicle graphic work. We use Onyx production house and have a Mimaki 160 64in print and a Mimaki 130 FX Cutter. The computer that runs them is a 2.6 Amd quad core with 8gigs of ram with windows 7.

Now the problem lies with certain files not cutting properly while other files are cutting just fine. For example, a file today was just a square being cut out and about 20 smaller rounded rectangles printed right next to it that were also being cut. The square cut about a half inch off and the smaller rectangles cut perfectly. After this happen I went back to the eps I had saved from Illustrator CS3 and nothing was out of the ordinary. It was set to postscript level 3, compatible gradients was checked, there was no transparency, tiff 8-bit color preview, saved as version CS3, embedded fonts and included document thumbnails were checked. These are the settings they have always used.

Am I missing something when I'm saving my files? Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Joe