• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki 6042 vs 7151

We are looking to buy our first flatbed UV printer for back decorating ADA signs. We like the Mimakis, but want to know if the 6042 or the 7151 is the best choice. What are the pros and cons of each machine besides cost and print size? Any advice would be appreciated.

Superior_Adam

4 heads vs 6 heads. each has different ink sets so that could be a factor. PDS equipment is very good with these printers. I would call and talk to them on the differences. We have been running the original 6042 since they first came our 6-7 years ago. Solid machine. I am not sure about the MkII models as they changed from the Ricoh heads over to the Toshiba heads.

Glenn586

We are looking to buy our first flatbed UV printer for back decorating ADA signs. We like the Mimakis, but want to know if the 6042 or the 7151 is the best choice. What are the pros and cons of each machine besides cost and print size? Any advice would be appreciated.
We run both these machines and find the 7151 to be far superior. Consider the bed size too. The 7151 is only 100mm larger on both the x and y but when you do the Math the 7151 bed comes out at almost 50% bigger.