• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cap adjustment help

Mathew Atkin

Hi.

To cut a along story short we have refurbished a civ150 and adjusted the station height to 5mm as per the service Manual. The problem is though that when we adjust the cap position the slider should be 3mm per the service manual but ours has to be about 5-6mm before the head locking latch works correctly and latch onto the head. This worries me that the cap pressure could be too much. Is this something that can happen? Would it be worth while lowering the station height to reduce the pressure and allow the latch to lock the head still.

Hope this makes sense!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The latching position and capping position are actually two different things. For the capping position you just want the center of the flange to be about 3mm to the right of the top of the ramp where it plateaus. As long as the cap is making full contact with the head in the area, you're good. You don't need to worry about pressure since it plateaus at the top so no matter how far right you go, it doesn't add any more pressure. This adjustment is a, "close is good enough" adjustment in my opinion. I don't usually pull my hair out trying to get it perfect.

The latching position should be further to the right than the capping. The machine has a sensor that detects when it's far enough right to latch so you don't need to worry about that unless the sensor is broken or has been severely knocked out of place.

Mathew Atkin

The latching position and capping position are actually two different things. For the capping position you just want the center of the flange to be about 3mm to the right of the top of the ramp where it plateaus. As long as the cap is making full contact with the head in the area, you're good. You don't need to worry about pressure since it plateaus at the top so no matter how far right you go, it doesn't add any more pressure. This adjustment is a, "close is good enough" adjustment in my opinion. I don't usually pull my hair out trying to get it perfect.

The latching position should be further to the right than the capping. The machine has a sensor that detects when it's far enough right to latch so you don't need to worry about that unless the sensor is broken or has been severely knocked out of place.
I see so if the station height is correct the cap cannot be under too much pressure as it’s already hit it’s peak. Is there a separate adjustment for the latch.

So basically the station is set to 5mm the cap position is 3mm to the centre of the sliding pin just as it hits the boom peak.

When I set it like this the Latch closed but it doesn’t actually lock the head as it’s too far away so the only way around this is too move the cap position up further than 3mm.