• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki cg 130ex

1leonchen

i got a used mimaki cg 130ex plotter. i seem to get it to turn on but i cant send any data input to this plotter. i am not a novice to plotters i have one 24 inch machine so i know the basics. cant find much info on the plotter either. Grimco rep says its time to upgrade. but i know this plotter can contour cut printed graphics. it has a rock sold frame and good motors. unlike the newer plotters. any help would be helpful. thanks

PDD

130 cutter

Are you using serial or usb interface? The usb connector is easily damaged if someone trips on the cord, so if you can't get it to talk using the USB I would strongly suggest trying the serial port. You may need to buy a serial cable from your local computer store. Note there are different types of serial cables, this cable needs to have hardware handshaking so mention that when you buy the cable as there is a thin 3 wire cable that uses software handshaking (data flow control between PC and cutter) and it will not work. The hardware hardshake cable has more wires in it that are used for communications control.

1leonchen

Are you using serial or usb interface? The usb connector is easily damaged if someone trips on the cord, so if you can't get it to talk using the USB I would strongly suggest trying the serial port. You may need to buy a serial cable from your local computer store. Note there are different types of serial cables, this cable needs to have hardware handshaking so mention that when you buy the cable as there is a thin 3 wire cable that uses software handshaking (data flow control between PC and cutter) and it will not work. The hardware hardshake cable has more wires in it that are used for communications control.

thanks PDD. i tried a parell cord but no luck. they parell according to the old guy u need a special wire. got fine cut installed to corel draw. still not cutting

Attachments

• Untitled-1.pdf
    42.6 KB · Views: 70

1leonchen

fixed

my little brother fixed it up borrowed a rs232c cable and got it running. thanks guys. even got it to run from flexi using the parell port. using the fx driver. thank god for the old post on this site.