• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-130FX with Onyx

fantasy prints

Hi All

I have for a while had problems with work printed by Onyx 10 (had with V7/3 as well) and cut on our Mimaki Cg-130FX.

The Mimaki checks for 3 or 4 of the marks but if the media is loaded slightly "off" it seems it doesn't compensate for this and just cuts normally. I thought at first it was to do with the printer and Onyx but when loading a large cut job e.g 900x900mm square, and load it just slighly skew the cutter still cuts the job as if it is loaded perfectly. I believe it's setting on the Mimaki cutter but I have checked the manual and I think I have it set properly.

I wonder if any user out there has similar setup could let me know setting you have on your Mimaki just to see if I have overlooked something

Paul

fantasy prints

Hi there

Sorry what I meant if you loaded PERFECTLY in Mimaki cuts fine but if you are slighly off it doesn't compensate for this. When we have a a group of the same graphics to cut that are all the same the first ones are usually cut OK but as it goes through the roll (we only print about 1.5m at a time and get the Mimaki to check the alignment marks each set) it usually starts to go off. To me not compensating for the slight skew of the roll

BRCGraphics

When I load material, I always take use the front most registration marks as a guide and line them up to the front aluminum lip on the cutter. (if you press your finger over the material onto the aluminum, you can feel the edge of the aluminum and line up your registration marks to that.) Then I always have the cutter find all four marks before cutting. I used to try two or three myself and had the same problems.