• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-FX 160 "Hopping" while cutting

JSNGraphics

As the title states, my CG-FX is hopping while cutting lines. Is it a problem with the blade holder not swiveling the blade completely? Should this be replaced, or is their a way to oil it.
Thanks everyone!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your cut protection strip. Usually hopping is from the cut strip having a groove cut into it through out the years. It could be the holder is bad but less likely.

JSNGraphics

I just used another holder, but it still has the same problems. I will try the protection strip. Any idea where i can find a replacement?

JSNGraphics

PS - The hopping only occurs when its traveling in a straight line from left to right. When it goes right to left its perfectly fine.

JSNGraphics

Excuse the quality. The phone has a terrible camera. But its the best I could do.

www.lmhconcepts.com/IMG.jpg
IMG.jpg

nospa21

Hello,
any solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. replaced knife, knife holder and cutting strip but didn't help.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Clean the track that that blade apparatus rolls back and forth on. Gets gooped up like the old mouse ball. Both the rollers and the track. Make sure and use all the pinch rollers too. Set the inner ones at the "softer" spring load (down position) and the outer ones at "strong" (Up position). And yes, the strip. We finally replaced ours after 5 years (probably too long)

nospa21

Thank you for your response. The track is clean, new blade,holder and cutting strip. I'm suspecting the coil ?