• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CG-SR III Feedback?

decalit

Anyone used this machine for just doing letter cutting. I have been using a Graphtec FC8600 and have been pretty happy with it. I think i might have to replace it but i have not been working as much as I use to and dont know if the purchase of a new FC9000 would be worth it. My local vendor recommended this machine but at the price point i assume i would not be happy with the quality. Any feedback would be helpful.

jimmmi

Why replace FC-8600 with the Mimaki? The FC-8600 is quite superior in many aspects. The CG-130 is an entry level cutter, whereas the FC-8600 is a top line cutter

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
We bought a faulty CG-SR11 a couple of years ago. It was a great plotter for just vinyl lettering.
Provided you get Finecut software with it - otherwise it's useless.
I later got the cropmark detection problem fixed, and really like the plotter.
We have 2 old Rolands as well - I'd say this is superior - except that it has to have Finecut, frm either Illustrator or Corel - but we use Corel anyhow.

jimmmi

My personal opinion is that only FC-9000 or Summa S2 are considered as upgrade to FC-8600. Everything else is downgrading

cyclerc

I have one for 2 years cutting thick stuff,(motocross graphics true the liner) loved but the mainboard goes down, buy a summa one for replace the mimaki but is a headache the summa one, I will repair the mimaki , trust a lot more in the mimaki.