• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV 150-75 , error 52a Lenc count HDC

vtriplesix

This is the error message

Attachments

• 30A7D208-AE54-4E97-BADA-3A14CDD16F36.png
    30A7D208-AE54-4E97-BADA-3A14CDD16F36.png
    3 MB · Views: 364

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It means the encoder isn't being read properly. If it's intermittent, you probably just have some ink splatter or grease from the rail on the encoder itself. You can clean it with a lint free cloth and alcohol.

Simon kaye

Dont use alcohol to clean it ive been a engineer for 25 years sometimes it makes it worse and rubs off the markers. Then you wont have a working machine. Visably check and see for dirt even damage if its been in the machine for a while its time to replace it. Try cleaning but dont use anything harsh ive seen so many customers damage theirs from ipa

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Dont use alcohol to clean it ive been a engineer for 25 years sometimes it makes it worse and rubs off the markers. Then you wont have a working machine. Visably check and see for dirt even damage if its been in the machine for a while its time to replace it. Try cleaning but dont use anything harsh ive seen so many customers damage theirs from ipa
It's so weird because I've heard this from other people but in my experience, about 15 years fixing these machines, it's been fine. Do you ever clean them? What do you use?

vtriplesix

It means the encoder isn't being read properly. If it's intermittent, you probably just have some ink splatter or grease from the rail on the encoder itself. You can clean it with a lint free cloth and alcohol.
thank you for your help , i got the encoder tape replaced today , but still have the same error message , is there any other parts that might cause this? or the new encoder might have defect?

TASO

thank you for your help , i got the encoder tape replaced today , but still have the same error message , is there any other parts that might cause this? or the new encoder might have defect?
hello, I have the same problem, maybe you solved it, can you help me?

StefanG

Did you take off the protection tape on both sides of the encoderstrip?
you wouldn't be the first one to forget to take it off ;)

If you did take it off, check indeed the encoder sensor for dust

dudeinthemoon

Check Y motor and right big Y pulley, it maybe loosen gear on Y motor shaft, which causing additional movement of carriage and giving encoder error. It may be bad communication cable as well, which is very common to this model

print1.iom

Hi All
Did you ever manage to get this fixed and if so could you please advise as i have the same issue now

Regards
Kev