• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mimaki cjv 150 cyan yellow overlapping

jambobird

Hi can anyone help...i have a cjv 150 and have a problem with the cyan and yellow not aligning .....

currently set to 14 uni see pic attached. Would really applicate any suggestions...,

Attachments

• 20221127_125524.jpg
    20221127_125524.jpg
    734.1 KB · Views: 143

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you run your drop position correction alignment? Looks like the bi-directional alignment is off. If you're printing uni-directional, it's more likely a physical alignment that's off. Did you just change the head?

jambobird

Did you run your drop position correction alignment? Looks like the bi-directional alignment is off. If you're printing uni-directional, it's more likely a physical alignment that's off. Did you just change the head?
Hi solventinkjet..The head was changed last year by a mimaki engineer just before i bought the machine ..Its been printing ok but slowly got worse.i printed a test on all colours and its the yellow thats out.the bi directional drops is aligned ok..thanks for replying

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi solventinkjet..The head was changed last year by a mimaki engineer just before i bought the machine ..Its been printing ok but slowly got worse.i printed a test on all colours and its the yellow thats out.the bi directional drops is aligned ok..thanks for replying
It's possible the cams that hold the head down are loose which would allow the head to slowly move out of alignment. I can't think of any other way that pattern would happen other than that as long as the bi-directional alignments are in line.

jambobird

i will double check tomorrow ...i did notice that on bi directional the yellow was out left and right sides of the cyan...