• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV Clean Refresh

chrissignnewbie

Hi all,

We are going through ink recently like it's water. Before Hybrid came out around 6 months ago, a cartridge would last us around 8 months, at present its about 4 months and we print the same kind of volume and stuff.

Hybrid did change something on the printer at the time as they said they now recommend it cleans more frequently, so around every 15 mins or so the machine comes out of sleep and does something (sounds like its pumping something). How do I change this interval please as the only things I can find on there are like every 1 hour, but this happens every 20 mins or so.

Thanks all

Smoke_Jaguar

Note that most printers will not use any ink on the 15-minute cycles, it just cycles the cap pumps and fires the jogs the piezos in the head. Might be a good idea to see if your caps are in good shape, if those seal badly you can end up dripping ink slowly. To get a good idea of consumption from maintenance cycles, can swap out the waste tank, or use a stack of paper towels for a cycle or two to get an idea of just how much ink you're going through. If your ink consumption has doubled, it could be a sign of a bigger problem.

Neil

Start the machine in service mode by pressing/holding function and remote.
Go to maintenance menu...I can't remember exact menus or names but you'll work it out.
Write down what your settings are before changing them.
Check Refresh level - set it to 0. This is the frequency of spits per passes while printing. 0 will be about every 8 passes. 3 will be every pass. Not needed.
Check Sleep Refresh - this is how often it wakes and spits. Every 8 hours is plenty enough.
Check Pump tube wash - not needed often, esp if you drizzle cleaning fluid into the cap yourself, which you should. Mine is off.
Check Sleep cleaning - once per 24 hours is enough. In fact on my main machine I have that off. It does an automatic clean when I turn it on.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
We have 2 CJV's and I use nothing but the refresh every hour, that uses virtually no ink. As long as your head caps are good, and if you print daily, that's all you really need. The only exception for me is long weekends, or if I'm going on vacation, then I'll turn the auto clean on, light clean, every 24-36 hours, and turn it back off when I come back. Been doing it like this for years. If you don't print daily, maybe set it to do a light clean every 8-12 hours.