• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150-107 Cyan Is having an issue. Feedback needed

Shawnclift

20230125_131803390_iOS.jpg

Hi Every one

Currently having a bit of a weird issue with my Cyan, It looks like deflection but has just started happening for no reason ,no head strikes or anything .
The machine is about 2 years old, running jet best inks.

Things I've tried :
I've changed the cap top and done a good clean with a 12-hour head soak with no change.

Could it be dampers, as I've never changed them before?

Thanks in advance :).

Shawnclift

Here's an update from the weekend.
  • Gave a good clean down of the encoder strip, and a little bit of dust come off, but no ink I could see was on there.
  • I've swapped the dampers around and the nozzle deflections are still there, but cyan going through the black it perfect now. So I think the dampers are still OK.
  • After swapping them back, I've head soaked for about 30 hours and the nozzles look a tiny bit better, but the banding in cyan still persists.
Any help would be much appreciated :) ? I've attached new photos of the damper swap result and then after the head soak .

Kind regards
Shawn

20230129_150250115_iOS.jpg Untitled-2.png Untitled-3.jpg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I replace dampers annually, head caps semi-annually. Yes, they will usually last longer, but why wait for something to fail. It's best to replace all dampers at once for even ink flow through all. I can park the printer for a week, or run it 10 hours daily, and don't get drop outs.

As far as the banding on the Cyan goes, nothing in the test print shows anything that should cause it, all nozzles are firing. Have you ever done a media correction? If not, that's where I would start. Go into the setup menu and find FEED COMP and run the test print. If the test bars are apart lower the value, if they overlap increase the value. Keep doing it till the two printed strips look like one, no gap, no overlap. It's really simple, and corrects most banding problems that don't seem to have any other obvious cause. It's not something you can screw up, you can always set the value back to zero, or whatever value it's currently at if it makes anything worse. Hope that helps.

Shawnclift

I replace dampers annually, head caps semi-annually. Yes, they will usually last longer, but why wait for something to fail. It's best to replace all dampers at once for even ink flow through all. I can park the printer for a week, or run it 10 hours daily, and don't get drop outs.

As far as the banding on the Cyan goes, nothing in the test print shows anything that should cause it, all nozzles are firing. Have you ever done a media correction? If not, that's where I would start. Go into the setup menu and find FEED COMP and run the test print. If the test bars are apart lower the value, if they overlap increase the value. Keep doing it till the two printed strips look like one, no gap, no overlap. It's really simple, and corrects most banding problems that don't seem to have any other obvious cause. It's not something you can screw up, you can always set the value back to zero, or whatever value it's currently at if it makes anything worse. Hope that helps.
Hi

Thanks for the reply
Feed comp and droplet adjust have been calibrated and look good. With MYK there no banding whatsoever, only in Cyan which is so weird, as issues like that would be affecting all colors .... Maybe. I'll attach a couple of pics to show my testing with it all.

327597532_1461660234243032_772605577336355747_n.jpg 20230127_140721863_iOS.jpg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Have you tried different profiles to see if it changes? Did you put the head in the high position and forget to lower it?

Odd that it would be just the one color and the cyan test prints are ok... On a single head unit things usually stay uniform across colors, but there are other adjustments like drop position, head angle, that I wouldn't think would just change, but I could be wrong.

Maybe someone else on here has more insight.