• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki CJV150-130 Wrong Ink IC error

aboom

I recently purchased STS SS21 ink cartridges and once they were installed I was getting the wrong ink IC message. I was able to reinstall the original Mimaki ink cartridges and the print read them as it should. So, to me it does not seem to be a printer issue.

I have tried a hard reset by powering off the machine via the main power switch to no avail. (5 minute power cycle)

I am thinking this is just an issue with the cartridges themselves, but I was curious if anyone else has had this issue. I want to make the switch to STS to save some money. $75 per cartridge from STS versus $130 from Mimaki. I have used STS before in the past with no issue at all.

Thanks in advance for any input or advice!

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Mimaki ink cartridges have a chip in each one that is coded with a date, time and a volume, It looks like the ones that you purchased do not have a chip in them at all judging from the product pics on their site. I also didn't see anything on the STS site addressing the chip issue either. So when you put the new cartridges in the printer it is specifically looking for those chips for each color. Call the STS vendor and ask them about that. Also don't be surprised if a job you ran for a very color specific customer 3 months ago doesn't match exactly with your new prints. There are ways around the ink chip issue but you'll need to do your own homework on that one. Is your printer still under warranty from Mimaki? If it is you will void your warranty by putting 3rd partly inks in the printer. If not have at it!

netsol

i have never bought from them, but i thought sts was a reputable enough company.
(maybe someone will correct me)
i would email support and ask. i don't see how they can sell ink without chips, unless them have a workaround.
if you are under warranty (and place a value on the warranty) then dasdesignguy is correct.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it is you will void your warranty by putting 3rd partly inks in the printer.
True for anything the ink touches. If your main board blows for some reason however, it should still be covered. But if the head clogs the first question they ask on the warranty request is what ink are you using.