• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV150-160 mixed color pattern

sellerAndi

Hi guys, i have a problem with my mimaki printer. if i haven't printed a day, some fields mix up with each other. the yellow is with blue and with red (see picture 1). after doing a few test prints it's fine (see pic 5). if you have printed for 5-10 minutes you can no longer recognize anything - what can be the reason?
best regards
Andi

Attachments

• IMG_4644.JPG
    IMG_4644.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 254
  • IMG_4646.JPG
    IMG_4646.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4645.JPG
    IMG_4645.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 118

Smoke_Jaguar

Since the CJV-150 uses an older Seiko Epson head, I would be willing to bet the nozzle plate is coming unglued. The sealant between all the channels can break down over time allowing 1 channel to cross into another channel. If you disconnect the 2 channels that seem to be crossing and gently push cleaning fluid through them with a syringe and it flows out the other damper connector, then you've got a bad head. Most DX series heads I clean up that fail checks are due to this, age is really starting to get to them.

As for a fix, not much you can do with a lot of expensive specialty gear and a new nozzle plate. Most "knockoff" Chinese heads like this are just refurbs with new sealant and new (usually gold colored) nozzle plates.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You most likely need to flush your pump lines to make sure they aren't partially clogged and then change your dampers especially if they are on the older side. If you flush the line and the dampers are new, it's possible the head has internal damage but it's almost always the dampers or a clogged line.