• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki cjv150-160 New epl3 Board Upgrade - Error 203 ment commant

Plotter-FIX

Hey guys,

I have bought a cjv150 with a broken epl2 Board so i bought a new one.
It came with epl3 start up fw 1.06 which i upgraded to the newest 1.2.
After that i upgraded to the cjv300/cjv150 fw. 4.4 what worked.
The machine started as cjv300 and Shows a lot of errors because of thinking it is a cjv300.

I started in "up and download" Mode to put Parameter from another cjv150-160 on it as i could not save the old Parameter and cant get the parameters from mimaki for that machine as i am no mimaki member anymore.

Always when I try to put Parameters on the machine tells me "error 203 - ment commant"

I think when I could change to cjv150 in parameters I would be able to.

I changed with the adapters from epl2 to epl3.

Can anyone help me out?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Before uploading the parameters you need to initialize them according to which model you're using. I'm not sure which parameter number it is but it's labeled as , "INITIAL" in the system parameters. Change the value to 2, hit enter, and then end to save it. Then reboot in parameter upload mode and reupload the parameters. To get into the system parameters you hold the left and right keys while booting up.

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
Why on earth are you Frankensteining that printer? Anytime I hear of a customer attempting to do anything with the parameters, I get nervous, but hey, It's your machine do with it what you will. In addition to what Solventinkjet said, I would suggest that when installing the FW updates you do them all in sequential order or you might have wonky stuff happen. Good luck

Smoke_Jaguar

Messing with parameters is fun! Experiment, take notes and share them for all the other crazy mofos on the board! =)

Plotter-FIX

Hey!
No worries, i know what i do, i am a technican here in germany working everyday at machines, this one just killed my vibes yesterday and i found no infos in my manuals about the CJV150 paramters to change.

Best wishes and thanks a lot, i will try it now:)

David