• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV150-160

John Miller

I got an error message "can't print cartridge" My printer thinks my light black cart is empty, when I pull it out it's at least half full. Any ideas on a fix. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The only way you can get that particular cartridge to work again is getting a new chip. I would also take a look in the cartridge holder with a bright flashlight and see if any of the sensors are broken. There's a little plastic lever in the back, bottom, right side of the holder that if broken, always tells the machine the cartridge is near end.

whitehot

I got an error message "can't print cartridge" My printer thinks my light black cart is empty, when I pull it out it's at least half full. Any ideas on a fix. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
you need a new chip. this a common occurrence fro Mimaki inks - especially when do a lot of cleanings. , you may want to buy a chip programmer. if it keep happening.